Put a Cage On It

For the last, oh 2 or so years, thanks to hipster brands, etsy, and Portlandia, it's been all about the birds. Birds on fabric, birds on artwork, Birds on birds.













In other words...



I'm sorry, I couldn't help it. If it was going to be stuck in my head, I had to share the pain.

But, I think I'm seeing the start of a new era. No longer will we put a bird on it. From here on out, we will put a cage on it...

A NIC CAGE.


















A quick amazon search will yield you not only the handsome pillow above, with which you can lie cheek to cheek with this handsome devil every night for the rest of your life, but also the following:


 





This mug. I don't even know. But If anyone has a face to caricature, it's Cage.









"Your Hair is a Bird" era Cage Cupcake Toppers. Where has this been all my life?















This Tote bag sure knows how to visually represent.










As we all know, it's not hip if it's not on Etsy. 95 Items. 95.

A small selection for your perusing pleasure:





Quite frankly, I'm a little disappointed that the WWND shirt wasn't accompanied by a "Cage is my Copilot" tank top.

So, the next time you're looking for the perfect hipster gifts, cage the bird. Nic cage it. And if anyone's looking for a gift for me, I simply cannot go on living until I have those Nic Cage fake nails.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, August 6, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.