Dickie and The Man: If only NBC had snagged the pilot.


What appears below is an IM conversation between myself (Dickie*) and a friend of mine (The Man) about how my marriage would fare as a sitcom.


The Man:
I love hearing about you 2. It's like watching a comedy.

Dickie: 
Sometimes I think that, but it's nice to know that others think that too. Sometimes I sit back and think, man we are fucking hilarious.
The Man:  
Yes...but you have laugh tracks. I hate laugh tracks.
Dickie: 
Aww man, we do? I thought we were quirky enough not to need one.
The Man: 
You're on Fox.
Dickie: 
FUCK. We're gonna get cancelled. We're too smart for Fox viewers.
The Man:  
They are moving you to Fridays.
Dickie:  
KISS OF DEATH
The Man:  
Comedy Central is interested...but they want a gay Black roommate.
Dickie:  
Maybe we can convince FX to pick us up? Or we could start swearing a lot more and move to HBO. But then we'd need a gay nude roommate.
The Man: 
Scene 1: You enter your house unexpected, and there is Tyrone (roommate) in a G-string dance with a cat in each hand and one on his head.
Dickie:  
Tyrone needs a catch phrase.
The Man:  
Wha-What!
Dickie: 
Kookier.
The Man:  
"I do declare"
Dickie: 
That tests well with the gay southern audience we're targeting.
The Man: 
"Ballstastic!"
Dickie:  
That's my tagline. I CLAIM IT.
The Man: 
I do declare that's ballstastic.

*Dickie is my maiden name, and still my name/nickname in many a circle of friends.


This entry was posted on Wednesday, June 12, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.