I've missed you, dear blog land

So...what's up guys? Apparently I haven't posted on here since February 1. That's...uhm...2 months. That's bad, right? Not a way to maintain interest in the blog, you say, as a reader, if I'm only posting once every 2 months? Well, D posted a few times, but I see where you're going with this.

To be honest, it's not that I haven't had things to say. At first, I simply didn't have the time. See, I had the first of my conference series for work (aka my real job, the thing that pays the bills, because I am not nearly awesome, or consistent, enough of a blogger to have that be my job) at the beginning of March. Which means that for most of February, I was a raging lunatic and once I left work, the last thing I wanted to do was look at a computer screen, type anything, do anything. I cooked, I ate, I watched TV, I passed out.

So, there's my lame excuse for February. But March...well I have little excuse for March. We did go out of town here and there, and I should write about those experiences, not use them as excuses. Then, after returning from Boston a week ago, I got sick. Not mega sick, but just sick enough that all you want to do is nap and lie around feeling sorry for yourself. This past weekend, I didn't leave the house for 2 and a half days. I'm at work today, but only because I decided I should probably get my shit in gear and not wallow in sickness any longer. To be honest, as of about an hour ago, I was pretty sure I'd go home early. Now it's down to 50-50, which isn't too bad, right?

Anyway, I know this isn't new content, this isn't really much of anything. But I just wanted to say that I'm still here, and I'm thinking about you, sweet little blog of mine. I haven't forgotten, I just haven't fit you into my life lately.

So, some accountability. I'm not going to set a deadline or anything, but I am going to list out a few things that I want to write about sooner or later. Maybe putting it out there will motivate me to get it done.

- My birthday in Montreal (aka that time I got drunk and almost missed my birthday dinner)
- PAX East 2013 in Boston (aka that time I got all nerdy and drunk and left my underwear in the bathroom when we were sharing a hotel with friends)
- D's Roller Skate Spectacular Birthday (aka that time I looked drunk, but wasn't, I just can't skate)
- Other fun things that may or may not involve booze (probably yes)

So...hopefully you'll stay tuned and hopefully I won't take this whole writing thing for granted. Let's see what happens!

This entry was posted on Monday, April 1, 2013. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.