Day 11 - Muppets Letters to Santa

I know, it's not the true Muppets Christmas movie, but we're away from home tonight so we're making do with what we've got. Also I'm posting from my phone so I'll be fixing any typos and flagrant autocorrect errors when I can.

We spent today in NYC, the best place to be if you're looking for some Christmas spirit. Tonight, thanks to a work connection, we've got a comped hotel room and are enjoying an "away game" night! I'll have pictures and some thoughts on the day up on the blog soon. Anyway, on to tonight's movie!

This special is star-studded, starting with Jessie L. Martin as a singing mailman. But the primary guest star in this muppet caper is Jane Krakowski as a neighbor and mom of dear Claire.

The plot here is simple - the muppets promise to get Claire's letter to Santa, and due to some post office hi jinx, hilarity ensues and Miss Piggy is a selfish bitch.

Soon, the band and others have bailed too. But our heroes Kermit, Gonzo, and Fozzy, along with Rizzo the rat and Pepe the shrimp, are steadfast and true.

Despite their setbacks, in the end our heroes not only fulfill their promise, but learn a lesson - that Christmas is about being with those you love. And I guess Miss Piggy can join the festivities too, that selfish swine.

I know this review is a bit half-assed, and I hope you'll give me a pass on this one considering that we're having a nice night away. I promise to do better when a Muppet Christmas Carol comes up in our calendar. For now, I'm going to go relax and enjoy our night away from reality!

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.