I hate my Pinterest self

I like Pinterest. It's great. It's great for design ideas and saving recipes and the like. Honestly though, and I'm not sure why, but my biggest gripe on there are the pins of exercise routines.

Now hold up a minute - I do know why. Most of the time the pin is some mega fit chick, a tight in shot of her bare abs or her tight ass. No offense to my friends, but lets be honest. Most of us pinning these "get mega abs" or "sculpt your ass so you can bounce a quarter into a pint glass" routines do not look like that. Call it jealousy or whatever, but when I see these all over my pinterest page, I get annoyed.

But now...there's a problem. I joined a gym, and I've been getting back in to exercising, and I really want to work on my core, my flexibility, etc. Stuff beyond the treadmill or the elliptical or the few weight machines I remember how to use. I want some routines I can do at the gym or at home. How will I remember all these new routines I want to try? Wouldn't it be great if I had somewhere easily accessible via computer and mobile to look them up? Bugger.

So, I think I'm about to do it. I'm about to pin some workout routines. I may have to set some ground rules though. Otherwise I'll end up pinning shots of chick 6-packs surrounded by "rock hard bangable abs" in comic sans font.

And then I would have to stop following myself on Pinterest.

Upon starting my search for appropriate workouts to pin, I found this. Just no. NO NO NO. The fonts, the colors, the "abs". This is exactly what I was referring to.

 

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 15, 2012. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.